On behalf of W. E. Jameson, Shire Consulting is currently looking for a Ruminant Nutritionist to provide nutritional advice and innovation to their technical sales team to deliver the highest level of service. The company is a well-respected Yorkshire family feed business with a long history of success in the agricultural industry.
It is likely that candidates will either be qualified with a second degree in nutrition or animal science, alternatively have a track record working in the animal feed industry with a good degree in agriculture or related subject. Hands on experience in working with dairy cows will need be demonstrated along with a practical formulation background or feeding knowledge.
Although primarily office based, this role will offer the opportunity to work alongside customers to give top class nutritional support. A practical understanding of dairy cow nutrition and the ability to formulate diets would be ideal for this role.
The successful applicant will be results focused, with good technical skills. A motivated self-starter with drive and ambition, they will have the ability to work within a small focused and committed team.
Principal responsibilities will be to provide technical support and product advice on a broad range of ruminant topics, both to external customers and internal colleagues as well as the field sales team.
Candidates will need to keep up to date with legislative literature and requirements, with the ability to explain this information to colleagues within the business and enjoy learning and interpreting research and data for practical implementation.
- Provide technical advice and support for the sales team and customers. Formulate diets to maximize productivity for dairy, sheep and beef farmers.
- Specialize in key nutritional areas such as grassland management, dairy, sheep, beef and mineral nutrition.
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Well-developed communication skills both oral and written.
- Able to work flexibly within different teams including customer service and production.
- Competent computer skills.
- Self-motivated and enjoy a challenge.
- Willing to travel from time to time to provide face to face customer support or attend external meetings and events.
- E. Jameson is a successful business, combining traditional values of service and quality with modern technology and products, delivering quality advice on animal health and nutrition. The business helps to improve farm output and margins and prides itself on multi-generational business relationships with its customers. The close knit and motivated W.E. Jameson team of sales representatives and animal health advisors work together to deliver the very best in customer support.
A competitive salary is available for the right candidate to reflect the importance of this role. There is an annual bonus related to results and individual performance together with a company car and pension
Candidates must be prepared to home based and live within a reasonable commute of the company’s mill offices in Masham, North Yorkshire