A Calf and Young stock Sales Specialist is wanted for a major animal feed manufacturing and farm retail business in the North Cumbria and South Scotland. The role is for an experienced calf rearing and young stock specialist who has had at least two years working background on either beef or dairy farms. Whilst a formal qualification would be advantageous for this role , it is not essential for someone who has the right outgoing personality and the communication skills to impress livestock farmers with their skills and knowledge of calf and young stock rearing.
The job will be essentially to support and follow up the company’s field sales team at farm level in the technical support and sale of calf milks and dry rearing compound feeds. The essential promotion of the company’s calf milk range is paramount to the role. Previous sales experience to farmers would be advantageous for this role.
There will be the need to instruct farmers on the use of calf milk machines and related equipment. Knowledge of the different milk powder types would be advantageous. There will be support required in the milk feeding of lambs in season along with good rearing practices
Skills and Knowledge:
- A minimum two years previous working experience of calf rearing is required
- A team player with good interpersonal and communication skills, effective under pressure
- A good understanding of calf rearing feeding and calf nutrition is essential
- Strong organizational and time management skills so that results are delivered, and deadlines met
- Enthusiastic, flexible, adaptive and resilient with a can-do approach
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft software programmes
Excellent basic wage plus company benefits on offer appropriate to previous experience
This role will be home based in either North Cumbria or South Scotland.