A Commercial Agriculture Graduate is wanted to work in an animal feed manufacturing business in West Midlands. The role is a trainee role and would be well suited to either agriculture or animal science graduates wanting to start a career in the animal feed industry. This successful business contract manufactures blends for various major animal feed suppliers based around human food by products.
The primary responsibility of this role will be involved with running of the company’s Cheshire Feed Blending business. It will immerse the graduate in all areas of blend manufacturing, encompassing both the technical and commercial aspects of the production of bespoke blends. The candidate will learn what is required from the initial raw material purchase to the physical creation of finished blends. On-going training will be provided by both the Technical Manager and Technical Director. The candidate will have the perfect opportunity to kick start their career within the animal feed industry.
Knowledge of livestock agriculture and experience of the feeding of farm livestock would be advantageous for this role. Enthusiasm and an outgoing personality will be needed to succeed. Identification and knowledge of feed ingredients used in feeding farm livestock is also helpful for the role. Further training will be given as required in building technical and industry knowledge
Skills and Knowledge:
- Confident on the telephone with ability to identify sales opportunities, build good relationships and network at all levels
- A team player with good interpersonal and communication skills, effective under pressure
- A good understanding of dairy nutrition and a desire to formulate ruminant diets
- Strong organizational and time management skills so that results are delivered, and deadlines met
- Enthusiastic, flexible, adaptive and resilient with a can-do approach
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft software programmes.
Recent agriculture or animal science graduates who have had on-farm experience post-graduation, are also encouraged to apply if they can fit into this fast and entrepreneurial commercial business.
A good salary is on offer appropriate to previous experience. Excellent basic wage plus company benefits.
This role will work in the company’s offices located in South Cheshire