Large Dairy Farm is seeking a Tractor Driver/Stock Person for a well-established 450 Holstein dairy herd in Cambridgeshire.
The main task will be to assist in the basic tractor driver work, stock person yard work and general duties of the farm including;
- Yard and tractor work associated with the dairy unit plus feeding cows and youngstock
- Some stock work, moving groups of cows, assisting with vet routines etc.
- Relief milking during team staff holidays if necessary.
- Bedding and scrapping cubicles
- Slurry Spreading
- Tractor fieldwork, rolling, chain harrowing and trailer carting of grass plus straw
55 hours worked per week based on an average six-day week, one weekend working in two. Tidiness and cleanliness of the overall farm is paramount for the future development within the farm. Modern equipment and good facilities available on the unit.
We require applicants who will be competent and capable to take responsibility for:
- Hard worker and team player
- Some previous cattle experience and potential milking experience
- Tractor and machinery experience
- Tele-handler experience.
Candidates will need to find their own housing
Excellent basic salary £36 K plus – according to experience, plus pension